I know I haven't been so good at keeping up with my blog. Part of the reason is because of that darn Facebook, and the other reason is that I just didn't want to skip over the trial our family faced in December. I had to get permission to talk about it first, which I have now.
I don't think I need to share every detail, but we almost lost my precious mother. She had gone in for a hip replacement and everything went great until two days later. She started to have heart issues and if not for the grace of God and His perfect timing, she would not be here today. I was not there when it all started, so we all jumped in the car (during a snow storm) and got there as soon as possible. Thank God that my sister was there. God used her to save my mom.
The most important part is not the details of the medical stuff, but the absolute assurance of God's sovereignty. I could not have been more sure of God's control of each detail of my mom's life. Yes, it was very scary. Yes, I feared losing the most important woman in my life. Yes, I dreaded that this was the moment we all fear we will have to face. But also, yes, I knew that her life was in God's hands. I knew that if God allowed her life to end then, she would be in Heaven with her Savior Jesus Christ. Even if people make mistakes (we are all fallible) or the hospital doesn't do what we think they should or if some weird, rare, genetic disorder may be to blame--God is God. People can't mess up His plan. He is faithful always. He is absolutely trustworthy. We may not understand what He does or why He allows things to happen, but that doesn't mean He is not in control and doesn't know what He is doing. He most certainly does.
So the most important question for you is--Do you know Him?
You are not guaranteed tomorrow....or even today. Each one of us will die. But where will you go when you do? Of course we don't want to think it will happen. But if you died today and God asked you, "Why should I let you into Heaven?" What would you say? Did you know about Him? Did you do enough good things to earn His favor? Were you not as bad as the next guy?
The Bible gives us every answer we will ever need to know--
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
By grace you have been saved, through faith, that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God. Not by works can anyone boast.(Ephesians 2:8)
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish (spiritually) but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
For the wages (payment) of sin is death (eternal separation from God), but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
That if you confess with your mouth that "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Don't put off such an important decision. He desires to have a relationship with you. That is why He made you--to know Him. You have the opportunity now. If you choose to not know Him in this life, you won't be with Him after this life. All the good things you may do, or all the success you obtain, or all the earthly possessions you store up make no difference in eternity. Do you know Him or not? Don't put it off one more day.
What We Believe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our New House
Just like her Daddy
Isaac and his mom in Kenya last year
2 comments:
I'm so glad your mom is doing better. I loved reading the scripture passages, too. It is true that our trials make us stronger. I would not be able to endure all this if I didn't know God loved me and had a plan for me. xoxox
Wow! Very powerful! Your faith is inspirational. I'm so glad your mom is doing better.
Post a Comment