Yesterday we had great news for both of our girls. I went to a breastfeeding support group and I got to weigh Nia and feed her to see how much she is getting from me. She had gained 14 ounces in 10 days! yahoooo!!! That eased my mind a lot. (Babies this age usually gain about an ounce per day). So now she weighs 6lbs 14 oz. Wow, she is almost a 7 pounder. Big girl : ) Also, we went to Imani's eye doctor appointment. She got glasses at the end of last year, and we have been patching her right eye for a couple months now. Good news--her left eye has improved greatly! She got to have dinner at Winger's to celebrate. She loves the mac and cheese and the little Curious George fruit snacks.
It was also my first real outing with Nia. We are trying not to take her anywhere too public since it is the RSV season. It was nice to do something "normal" since I'm in the house all the time. I do get to take nice walks every day to get some exercise and fresh air. Sometimes I take the girls and sometimes I get to go on my own. I CANNOT wait to run. It is killing me. I almost broke into a run today, but I held myself back. I'm only 3 weeks post C-section, so I will refrain for now.
What We Believe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our New House
Just like her Daddy
Isaac and his mom in Kenya last year
2 comments:
Hi Jill! I came across your blog during my "blog lurking time." ha ha. I just can't get over how beautiful your little girls are! Now we can be fellow blog friends!!! :)
Great Job, both you and Nia. I've come across the desire to run, so I can relate to how you must be feeling! :) You and Amy are great inspirations for me! Thank you! I'm already registered for 2 seperate 5ks so far this year. :) Take your recovery slow. Take care.
Post a Comment